Monday, January 19, 2009

This is what life is made of


Drudgery.

Pushing through.

Remaining faithful.

Boredom.

Ordinary.

Falling.

Getting back up.

Pulling on my coat.

Bearing the elements.

Saying sorry.

Gaining confidence.

Losing faith.

Reestablishing reason.

Smiling.

Making eggs.

Making dumb jokes.

Crying.

Clothes on the floor.

Cat hair everywhere.

Cussing.

Praying.

Making the bed.

Believing.

Hugging my husband.

Sleeping.

Rising.

Brushing my teeth.

Creating.

Listening.

Drumming my fingers on the table.

Waiting.

One of the things that makes life, well, life is the thick stew of circumstances that swirl around each one of us, daily.

Sometimes we can be at our boiling points, sometimes we are simply "simmerin' down now". How we handle heat says a lot about our character. I have to say my character is frayed and flawed under heat. I get irritable, impatient, selfish. I am aggravated by silly things that don't matter, while there is so much more need in the world than my own.

Even though life can be so mundane it can be magical.

Even though life can seem dismal, all it takes is one fragmented shot of light to turn the night into day.

While this is a little heavy for a morning blog, some days feel like work. For me, my tires seem worn down today. Sometimes our schedules become dictators of our happiness, and I refuse to put my worth in something other than Providence.

We are all made for something bigger. Here's to wading through the puddle in the path to get to the ocean of possibility.

Happy Day!

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

I love this, Megan. Such a good reminder. Excited for Thursday!

Unknown said...

This is very well written, and a very welcome read for me during a tough day.

-Ali