Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cash Money- Bread from Heaven



I don't know what to say.

Thanks.

I mean.

Thank you so much!

Really?

Thank God!

Sometimes you just can't put gratefulness into words. Money is tight. I know it is for a lot of us. I know my story is not unique.

New Mortgage.

My Husband lost his job.

I had to turn down a great opportunity to be responsible.

My husband is still looking for work.

We are 3,000 miles from home.

The time line is running out.

The bills are still coming.

So, to say that I have been praying, learning a lot about patience, and feeling like a nervous wreck most days- is the truth. I keep on being told that I am being tested. We are being tested. Our faith is being put through the blender. I have to admit, I am not a good test taker.

In my household, this weeks pay period is the first one where we will feel the absence of our normal income. This is the time that I was hoping we would be out of the woods, and that there would a new job title for my man and he would have brand spanking new business cards in his wallet. But.....nope.

Isn't prayer supposed to work like a vending machine? You ask for something and God gives it to you right? Not exactly. Not at all.

So what's a girl to do?

Still pray.

Pray more.

And once again, I believe that God is provisional. I believe he hears.

The funny thing about answered prayer is that it hardly ever looks exactly like you want it to- it just gives you exactly what need. Cliche? Yup. Do I love that most cliche's are true? Yup.

This very morning, my husband got a large sum of money unexpectedly from an old employer. And when I say large sum...two mortgages worth of funds. The exact amount of money that we need to keep us afloat and keep our house in this unsteady and unpredictable time.

Naysayers, may say, well the money was there all along....yes it was.

They may also say, well good things happen sometimes...that's true, but the timing was so God-like. Down to the wire.

God provided. Prayer worked. And I am yet again in a place of awe.

We are not where I want us to be yet, we are still facing giants- my husband didn't get the job that I was hoping he would. I am still not fully secure, like I love being.

But this trail of bread crumbs that we are following, while laced with lessons, blessings, and bickering- is leading us to a place of trust. And for that I am thankful.

Oh and the money doesn't hurt either.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's so wonderful you were granted one of your prayers so quickly. It does not always happen that way.

I hope things work out for you and your hubby soon... I know it's a hard time for everyone (yours truly included) regarding the money/job situation.

God never gives us more than we can handle... and I'm sure this is a "test" you will pass.

:)