Friday, February 27, 2009

Rare Fashion Post

I very rarely post fashion blogs.

This is for two reasons:

1) I don't have the funds to keep up with the latest trends so I convince myself that my closet holds the utmost in fashion, which in turn means that there is no need to educate myself on the current fads. Although I am beginning to wonder if frayed jeans are in or out style. You see, I refuse to spend money on getting my cheap TJ Maxx jeans hemmed (which ends up costing more than the jeans). And being five foot short it just makes more sense to cut the jeans up until they fit. It's kind of grunge-a-licious no?

2) I think its pretty futile. As if we need one more superficial facet of our culture to be magnified and glorified...but we all have to wear clothes, and if that's true they should at least be cute.

Things I am loving right now...










Fashion courtesy of Bleubird Vintage

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that site! I especially love those black glasses she's got on...pretty close to mine ;) haha
I need to go shopping sometime soon...but where does one go besides Target, Old Navy, and TJ Maxx once you're out of college and need "real" clothes?!

PhilB said...

Rare fashion comment...haha. Gals think about it too much and guys don't think about it enough maybe. But I will never give up my "St. Louis Cardinals" t-shirt collection and blue jeans.

Peace,

Phil