Monday, December 15, 2008

Stormy Weather


Some days I feel so bankrupt emotionally. Today I am so spent.

We had some stormy weather in the Northwest, it snowed pretty heavily. Even though it was beautiful to see Seattle covered in a blanket of snow it also delayed my flight back here.

Going home is a great feeling, but I don't feel as homesick as I thought I would. I actually am relieved to be back.

And when I started to think about that, I realized that it may be because I am so happy for the person I have become now that I am no longer back there. When I go home, while I get to be encircled by those I love, I am also surrounded by old ghosts. Ones that I almost forgot used to haunt me. Ghosts of insecurity. Loneliness. Fear. Inadequacy.

All of the things that you face when you are immature, young and a little directionless.

I am so happy to be home. I never thought anywhere else could feel like the place I grew up. There are great things about your history, but there is something even better about your future. Your dreams and the possibilities that a new city can offer you.

Besides, "love is where your story begins"... and Mr. Johnson and I? Well our love began right here, so Nashville thanks for welcoming me home.

No comments: