Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lighten Up!



Carry me away and I will follow
Keep me at bay and I will stay
I am the road meeting rubber
A single thread in life's fray

Flying high is not everyday
Feeling alive, that is the point
I feel my blood pulsating
I am unafraid to disappoint

I am a glass menagerie
But steel keeps me intact
Throw your stones forcefully
I refuse to crumble and crack

Maybe falsified courageous
But fearless nonetheless
So keep me in your pocket
Until your lint confess

That I belong in the traffic
I belong in the underground
One simple little getaway
Where few to none are found

Perhaps I am just a bank teller
Handing out dollars I don't own
But at least I've got my foot down
Underneath a broken sole

So, let's just recap a life train
Perplexing and uncharted
A back and forth upside ride
Leaving together or departed

Perhaps I only puffed to smoke
But at least I started fire
Lighten up this darken room
I'm just sparking to inspire

~M.M

No comments: