Monday, March 30, 2009

Listless Laundry


Its a blink
a passing through
A whisper of a smile
fading to blue

A flicker of memories,
A fade out of sound
It's a slow rise to fall,
A short flight to ground

Capture each moment
a fictitious firefly
Glow like the dawn
Until the dew dries

Its a world of not
Not of this world
It's a paper plane
A ribbon to curl

Stay in my hand
so as to feel the flutter
a heartbeat of a dream
a word from a stutter

I can't keep it up
the race to the page
where the words drop off
and I am replaced

By a quiet hum
a drilling of a drum
a nothing in place
of an average of sums

A bright spot I find
and rub it to gold
knowing that work
is a life that I sold

Keep in mind
Its not all the same
Some days are good
this one's a game

Back and forth
on a checkered board
Two steps behind
a ring of a chord

Twist me up
in a bundle of okay
Since that is the goal
from day to day

It's not about hills
It's not about depth
it's not about losing
or keeping my breath

It's all for the song
the one chorus I create
a symphony of small hums
a rhythmic, swift gait

Breaking out
Some day I will
Freely be sweeping
the lands that I fill

Exhausting the path
dusting the shelf
It's all just a matter
of making oneself

Laundry is Listless
But chores make change
Consistently resistant
God take me away

To a place of ever sunset
to a home of never alone
to a place of rest
And of peace for my soul

No comments: