Monday, June 1, 2009

The Words Came


This morning I woke up with puffy eyes, swollen feet and swollen hands.

I have been traveling, not eating right and working all through the weekend in New York City, and just got back last night.

I was lucky enough to have the energy to rinse myself off in the shower, but during breakfast I spilled honey all over my pants and didn't have the energy to change them.

I then proceeded to suck down some coffee.

But then I stopped, mid slurp, and just shut my eyes.

I ran into the den, cleaned off the dusty piano plugged in the speakers on my Korg, and wrote a song called, "Wait".

It came out of me so quickly, like a raging rush of cool water from a broken dam. I began crying on the final chorus, well more like weeping.

And I eeked out, "So I will wait, wait, wait on You."

I need reprieve.

I need deliverance.

My constant prayer is that God will continue pushing on my heart to move me in the direction of the purpose He has planned.

I am going to write. I am not going to give up. I am going to pursue my heart and follow that lead. I may have to wait, sacrifice and humble myself in the now, but I know where I am heading.

I just need to stop being afraid and make the jump in faith.

More to come when I can keep my eyes open for longer than 10 minutes.

Pray for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you were able to write new material. Your creativity is never stalled; just in hiding, waiting for the right moment to surprise you with its strength.

Rachel Joiner said...

Keep it up!

It was fun hanging out with you, hope you're feeling better.